Content & SEO Module
1.1 Content Upload
In ‘Manage Products’ you have the option to upload listing content for your products to Sellics using a bulk upload option. You can use this to:
- Upload your content and improve them with our content optimization features
- Upload the current version of your listing content to Sellics and use the Content Monitoring feature to check automatically for content deviations on Amazon.
- In order to perform the bulk upload of your own content to Sellics, you need to use the accepted file format (you can download the Excel sheet in our platform) and select the corresponding marketplace.
1.2 Content Monitoring
- With our Content Monitoring feature you can easily track every change made to your product listings, whether initiated by Amazon or 3P sellers.
- This module is very useful for vendors, as unauthorized changes are common on Amazon, and in many cases can lead to incomplete and misleading product pages. Faulty product pages can severely affect your Amazon sales and brand reputation.
- Take action: If the changes to your product listing are not desired, you can take immediate action and use Sellics to quickly restore your product listing to its original state. In your Content Monitoring tab you will get an overview if there are differences in regard to content (title, product description, bullet points, number of images, A+ content & videos (if the product has A+ content & videos.)
- You can immediately see changes between your original listing content (the content that has been crawled on the day when you uploaded your products to Sellics) and the current listing content displayed on Amazon.
- If you decide to change your content, you need to open a specific product listing by clicking on ‘Actions‘ (see above, the right column), and a new page will open (see below).
On the left side you will see your original content on Sellics, and on the right side you will see the content displayed on Amazon. If the content is different, you can choose to either keep Sellics’ content or Amazon’s. If you decide to keep the Amazon content, your content on Sellics will be overwritten with the content from Amazon. If you decide to keep the Sellics’ content, you will then generate an upload file. This upload file can then be uploaded to Amazon. If you decide to change the content entirely, you can do it in the ‘Content Analysis’ section.
1.3 Content Monitoring - Status
In your Content Monitoring tab you have the option to move products according to their status: ‘Monitored’, ‘In Progress’, and ‘Accepted’.
● ‘Monitored’: You see all the products that you have uploaded to Sellics, and can immediately see if you have content that is different on Amazon.
● ‘In Progress’: Products will be moved to this status when you accept ‘Sellics content’, and wait for the changes to be implemented on Amazon.
● ‘Accepted’: When you accept the changes on Amazon.
*Please note that you can also accept changes in bulk and either keep the Sellics content or Amazon’s content. If you decide to make changes in bulk, you can select the corresponding products on the left hand side, and then you click on keep ‘Sellics content’ or ‘Amazon’s content.’
1.4 Content Monitoring Alerts:
● You can set up email alerts to be notified when someone has made changes to your content. Please note that the email alerts can only be set up on the user level.
You also have the option to create an export file with all the new content changes, ‘in progress status’ and ‘accepted status’. Just click on ‘Export Table.’
2.0 Content Analysis
In the ‘Content Analysis’ tab, you have the following features & functionalities:
- 2.1. Get an overview of how well your content is optimized
- 2.2. Research and add new keywords
- 2.3. Track keyword rankings
- 2.4. Optimize your content in bulk
- 2.5. See the content of similar/competitor products & use as inspiration for your own listing optimization
2.1. Get an overview of how well your content is optimized
● Easily identify content optimization potential across your product selection using our advanced filters. Please note that we work with a traffic light system (red=bad, yellow=average, green=good)
- You can also set up your own criteria for the optimization status of your products. Just click on the symbol next to the ‘Content Analysis’.
- When you click on the symbol, you will get the option to set up your own profiles based on your categories. After this, the status of your optimization (*the colours) will be moved automatically based on the category and on your profiles. The Amazon character limitations will be also implemented in your product listing.
- Please note that you can also use the ‘Sellics Recommendations’.
● In the product overview, you can find the following information:
- If the product shows content differences (compared to Amazon’s content)
- Whether your product has A+ Content
- Overall coefficient: how well is your product content optimized based on our internal guidelines regarding title length, number of bullet points, number of images, length of product description, availability of video.
- Length of the product title
- Number of bullet points
- Number of images
- Length of product description
- Availability of video
- Last update (date)
2.2. Keyword Research
● After you have decided which products you would like to optimize, simply select them and click on ‘Optimize‘.
● When you click on ‘Add keywords‘ you will be led to our internal keyword database where you can research new keywords.
You have 3 search functionalities available in keyword research:
● ‘Keyword’ Search’: This search function will give you new keyword suggestions for your seed keyword.
● ‘Extended’ Search’: This search function will give you related keywords for your seed keyword
● ‘ASIN’ Search: If you copy the ASIN of any product here, you will see all the keywords that this ASIN ranks for.
- You may wish to prioritize your keywords using our search volume indicator (the search bars will be displayed next to the search results). Please also do not forget to select the right Amazon marketplace to get the right search volume.
- *Exclude permutations = This is regarding the order of the keyword phrases. Simply put, order doesn't matter. If selected, then the order in which terms are placed becomes irrelevant. For example: black leather wallet or leather black wallet.
- *Keyword Research is also available as an individual section. Here you have the option to create your keyword list individually for the product, and download an Excel file with the keywords.
- Please note that you can quickly add all the keywords to your backend terms by clicking on ‘Generate terms‘. However, only keywords that are not duplicates will be added (highlighted in yellow). You also have the option to manually add them in the desired product listing fields.
2.3. Keyword Tracking and Ranking
- Please note that in order to use Keyword Tracking, you first need to add the keywords to your keyword list or upload an existing list of keywords via bulk upload (=Manage Products). Click on ‘Track Keywords’ to see how your product is ranking for certain keywords.
- Keyword Ranking is an important feature to track the performance of your product optimization. Please note that the tracking of your keyword rank will only start after you have added the keywords to your keyword list. The data will be loaded within 24 hrs and also updated every day. Please note that we track positions up to 150. If your keyword rank is below this position (>150) we will not be able to track it.
2.4. Optimize your products in bulk
- You can optimize your ASINs efficiently in bulk by clicking on the ‘transfer’ button. You can bulk transfer keywords & listing content from one Amazon product to it’s related product variations. This means instead of updating listing content for 100 products individually on Amazon, you can simply optimize the content for one product and transfer the content and keywords easily to the rest of your product variations.
- Recommendation: Consider creating tags in order to easily filter by product groups / product variations.
2.5. Content Optimization Workflow
● When you open a product by clicking on ‘Optimize’ on the left hand side, you will also see the additional tabs: to ‘See keywords’ and ‘See Similar Products‘. The ‘See Similar Products‘ tab enables you to see all the customer reviews and questions for your own product, so you can get insights into what is relevant to your customers and then implement it in your product listing. You can also see the customer reviews and questions for your competitor’s products, as well as their content. These options can give you more ideas and inspiration for your listing optimization.
● Edit multiple ASINs at once: Open multiple products on one screen and work on them simultaneously. This way you can easily optimize similar products at once.
Relevant Blog Articles
- The Complete Guide to Amazon SEO
- Amazon Marketing Strategy 2018 (Amazon Advertising & SEO)
- Amazon SEO Academy - Lessons for free
*Additionally (covered in your onboarding checklist)